Thursday, July 23, 2009

Finally a reason to look forward to winter in Bear Lake!



Yes, at 29 years old, peer pressure is still a very real thing! My wonderful and persistant friend Steph was not going to give up until I agreed to at least give snowboarding a try, so here we are. I signed Colt up for Ski School and I went as a chaparone. Once all the kids were on the hill with their instructors, us chaperones were free to go until time to load the bus. The first couple weeks were pretty tuff. I was using muscles I didn't even know existed! OUCH! The following weeks were a blast!! Colt wanted to switch to skiing after the first week cuz it looked easier. I made him stick with snowboarding and he ended up loving it as well. I was amazed at how fast he picked it up, during free time one week, he challenged me to a race, I agreed, knowing that as any mom would do I would let him win. I didn't have to let him!! He kicked my butt! He was down the hill long before me. He has no fear! I on the other hand am still afraid of the speed. As all of us snowboarding moms say, we should have learned to snowboard earlier than our 30's. Oh well, we all had a ton of fun, and better now than never right? Winter will no longer be such a horrible dred for me. All 3 of my kids and I will be doing it again come January. How fun to be able to enjoy a sport together as a family! Thanks to Steph, Sabrina, Shasta, Lorraine and Angela for all the fun, and a VERY BIG thanks to Steph for not giving up on me.

2 comments:

  1. SO AWESOME !! Care you did a great job!!! your first collage looks AWESOME!! As I was reading I got chills all over.... such a good memory to have journaled! Love ya lots Care and thanks for helping with my boys this weekend! Your the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Carrie! This is Jonns (Andersen... how are you! I just stumbbled on to your blog. Wht a cute family! Good to see you!
    www.theflahauts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete