Saturday, June 7, 2008

David's Red Stag Hunt in New Zealand



I'm back to blogging! It only takes a minute to add a new post, I've just been putting it off and now I'm way behind! So here goes, time to catch up!
April 10th through 18th David got to go over to New Zealand on a Red Stag hunt. This was something he had wanted to do for a long time so it was neat that it worked out for him to go. The cost was outrageous but I think he had enough fun to justify it. He flew out of Pocatello into Salt Lake, from Salt Lake to L.A then spent the next 14 hrs. in the air. David HATES to fly so that tells you right there how bad he wanted to do this. As if being on a plane for 14 hrs. wasn't already bad enough, he got sick with the flu in L.A and was sick pretty much the whole trip but made the best of it. While there, he got to shoot a Red Stag, a Ram and a Spanish Goat. He shot the Stag 683 yds. away. It had 8 pts. on one side and 10 on the other. We don't have the heads yet, they are on their way here from New Zealand. When they arrive David is going to get the Stag scored and figures it will score 400+ Boone and Crockett. He will then have them all mounted. That'll be another huge chunk of change. So who out there thinks I have grounds to get a new front door and a sectional for my living room? Ha Ha!!

3 comments:

  1. Okay, you TOTALLY deserve that new sectional, and whatever else you want to decorate the room with as well! I mean, you are going to HAVE to go shopping to find stuff to match those wonderful animal heads that I'm sure your hubby will want hanging up above your new couch! So, you had better go shopping to find stuff to match your new home decor! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT IS PREETY COOL. GOOD LUCK WITH THE NEW COUCH AND DOOR. IF HE IS LIKE ANDY HE WILL SAY I DON'T CARE. THOSE ARE IMPRESSIVE ANIMALS.IT WAS REALLY GOOD TO VISIT WITH IN THE DRIVE UP THE OTHER DAY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. EEEWWWW GROSS!!!! Yes they are impressive. But Yuck! I am still trying to get use to walking into houses around here and being greeted with dead animals on the walls! Now sectionals and doors are more along my taste. I hope you get them!

    ReplyDelete